
The upper entrance of Giardino San Michele is located just a few minutes from the San Giusto Cathedral, along the road heading towards the sea. It’s worth approaching the park from here, as it offers one of the most beautiful panoramas of Trieste. In addition to the view and the beauty of the garden, there is a playground, shade, a restroom, and a drinking fountain in the garden. The park is closed in the evenings and during bad weather, but dogs on a leash are allowed.

In fact, the area was already urbanized during the Roman era. In 1771, the local government decided to create a public garden here, which lasted for only about 20 years, as Count Giacomo Prandi bought the land and built his castle from the Via San Michele side, at the current entrance stairs. In 1925, the municipality regained the area, and the present-day garden was established in 1953, along with the Employment Center.